April 2016 -HOUSES in MilanFor the second year in a row, Prostoria uses our modular fair stand system HOUSES to create new rooms for exhibiting their collection at Salone del Mobile. We are happy that the sustainable approach of our design became reality.
January 2016 -VALET tray tablesOur VALET tray tables are part of this year’s novelties by Müller Möbelwerkstätten. The new collection will be presented at IMM in Cologne from 18 - 24 of January 2016. You will find Müller Möbelwerkstätten in hall 11.1, stand E50.
October 2015 -SHIMA at Bikini BerlinSHIMA produced by Johanson will be presented during the 5th Designmeile at BIKINI BERLIN Concept Shopping Mall, Budapester Str. 38-50, 10787 Berlin, from 08 - 11 of October 2015. The exhibition opening of Nordic Design Selected will be Friday at 6:30pm.
April 2015 -SHIMA for JohansonWe are happy that the Swedish design brand Johanson is presenting our hybrid furniture SHIMA at the international furniture fair Salone del Mobile in Milan.
April 2015 -HOUSES fair stand design at Salone del MobileAfter a successful collaboration with Prostoria in exhibiting at Maison & Objet in Paris and the Stockholm Furniture Fair our fair stand also could be implemented in Milan.
Design means everyday culture. It helps us to enjoy and simplify life. We are fascinated by the process that starts with an idea, becomes substance and hopefully results in a long and pleasurable use for its qualities. That’s how we understand reasonability and sustainability.
Moritz Böttcher and Sören Henssler founded their Berlin based design studio in 2007. In 2013 the designer Nikolaus Kayser joined the team. Since 2014 the trio is working under the studio name Böttcher Henssler Kayser in the fields of consumer product, furniture and lighting design with companies such as ANTA, Böwer, Johanson, Mater, Normann Copenhagen, Prostoria, Scantex, Schönbuch, Vertigo Bird and Zero.
While still in their studies they received the iF product design award 2005, the red dot design award 2005 and 2007. Honours continued in 2010 with the Europe 40 Under 40 by The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies. In 2011 and 2012 they won again the red dot design award. 2013 they were rewarded with the prestigious red dot „best of the best“. The German Design Council nominated the studio in 2014 and 2015 for the German Design Award. Beside that they were honored with the Interior Innovation Award and the iF design award 2015. Their projects have been published internationally in books and magazines.
Moritz Böttcher (1978) studied product design at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Hannover. During his studies he completed several internships including a semester at npk industrial design in the Netherlands. After his graduation project in cooperation with the company Dornbracht, he worked at npk industrial design in Hamburg and Barskidesign in Frankfurt. From 2006 to 2008 he worked for Werner Aisslinger in Berlin.
Sören Henssler (1974) studied product design at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Hannover as well as at the Politecnico di Milano. His projects have been awarded with the red dot design award 2002, a special mention in the Lucky Strike Junior Designer Award 2005 and the iF concept award 2006. Since the completion of his degree in 2005, Sören Henssler works independently from Berlin.
Nikolaus Kayser (1978) studied industrial design at the Muthesius Kunsthochschule in Kiel and was awarded with the red dot product design in 2007. After his diploma he worked for three years as a designer at wiege Entwicklungsgesellschaft. His focus there was in the field of high-quality office furniture, especially on chairs for the German manufacture Wilkhahn.
- 2015 – iF product design award for SEAM produced by Prostoria
- 2015 – Interior Innovation Award Winner for SEAM produced by Prostoria
- 2015 – German Design Award Nominee for NEW ORDER produced by BSR
- 2014 – German Design Award Nominee for NEW ORDER produced by BSR
- 2013 – red dot product design award, Best of the Best for NEW ORDER produced by BSR
- 2013 – red dot product design award for MANTIS produced by Vertigo Bird
- 2011 – red dot product design award for NAMU produced by Böwer
- 2010 – Europe 40 Under 40 by European Center for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies
- 2007 – red dot product design award for COOKISLAND produced by ALNO
- 2006 – Lucky Strike Junior Designer Award, special mention for L2
- 2006 – iF concept award for MAKKINA
- 2005 – red dot product design award for PIZZONI produced by LoeweVonAppen
- 2005 – iF product design award for PIZZONI produced by LoeweVonAppen
- Atrium magazine, Germany, January 2016
- Objects: Handle with Care, Trademark Publishing, Germany, 2015
- Schöner Wohnen magazine, Germany, October 2015
- arcade magazine, Germany, March/April 2015
- HÄUSER magazine, Germany, February/March 2015
- design report magazine, Germany, February 2015
- Schöner Wohnen magazine, Germany, September 2014
- LIVING magazine, Italy, June 2014
- LUXUS WOHNEN magazine, Germany, May/June 2014
- A&W Architektur & Wohnen magazine, Germany, April/May 2014
- ARCHITECTURE DIGEST Choice magazine, Germany, February 2014
- CASA LIVING magazine, South Korea, October 2013
- ELLE Decoration magazine, The Netherlands, September 2013
- ICON magazine, United Kingdom, February 2013
- MODERN DECORATION HOME magazine, South Korea, April 2012
- design report magazine, Germany, February 2012
- LUX, Lamps and Lights, Gestalten Verlag, Germany, 2011
- zitty Berlin, The Design Book 2011/2012, Germany, June 2011
- Atrium magazine, Germany, May/June 2011
- LICHT+WOHNEN magazine, Germany, April/May 2011
- Quality magazine, Germany, February 2011
- WOHNREVUE magazine, Switzerland, January 2011
- LIVING ART magazine, South Korea, January 2011
- bob magazine, South Korea, December 2010
- Schöner Wohnen magazine, Germany, June 2010
- RUM magazine, Sweden, January 2010
- Schöner Wohnen magazine, Germany, December 2009
- smart homes magazine, Germany, September/October 2009
- Süddeutsche Zeitung Magazin, Germany, September 2009
- ELLE Decoration magazine, Germany, September 2009
- STYLEPARK magazine, Germany, Summer 2009
- Schöner Wohnen magazine, Germany, August 2009
- 1000 new eco designs, Laurence King Publishing, Great Britain, 2009
- arcarde magazine, Germany, May/June 2009
- H.O.M.E magazine, Germany, May 2008
BÖTTCHER HENSSLER KAYSER
Czarnikauer Str. 6
t +49 30 41 76 89 89
f +49 30 41 76 89 90
Follow us on facebook:
Böttcher Henssler Kayser
Sign up for our newsletter:
For press inquiries please send an email to:
For internships please send your digital application to:
Rüdiger Dägling, Amos Fricke, Steffen Jänicke, Jan Kopetzsky,
Andreas Körner, Rudi Schmutz and Pascale Sopha.
Copyright © by Moritz Böttcher, Sören Henssler and Nikolaus Kayser.
All rights reserved. Any duplication or redistribution as a whole
or in parts requires written permission of Böttcher Henssler Kayser.
Copying will be prosecuted.
Böttcher Henssler Kayser Product Design GbR
Moritz Böttcher, Sören Henssler, Nikolaus Kayser
Czarnikauer Str. 6